Troybilt wont start.

johnbatts

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a troybilt super bronco. I put battery charger on wrong terminals, an now even with new battery I get nothing when starting. What did I mess up?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You probably fried the ignition coil. They don't like having +12v on the ground side. And you may mess up the charging system too.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check for blown fuse, also using 12v test light start at battery working your way to starter. How long time wise was it before you realized cables were on wrong?

johnbatts

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check for blown fuse, also using 12v test light start at battery working your way to starter. How long time wise was it before you realized cables were on wrong?
Check for blown fuse, also using 12v test light start at battery working your way to starter. How long time wise was it before you realized cables were on wrong? Not long, when I put on negative cable to positive terminal it sparked and I pulled it off.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Generally that all it takes to destroy ignition coils as NPN transistor don't like being reverse bias. But you ar not even a starter response then the main fuse is blown for starters. Then there is there will possible other probelms like the engine no longer charging the battery to where the ignition have failed. Sometime you get lucky on the coils and they still work.