Troy Bilt - Super Bronco - change hydrostatic transmission fluid.

Trout bum

Threads
  • / Troy Bilt - Super Bronco - change hydrostatic transmission fluid.
I got the super bronco to run, my next question is it possible to flush the transmission and add new fluid. It is a 2006 model and probably has never been changed.
Thanks. Jack

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Please the actual model number from the serial number tag.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay first that mower doesn't have a hydrostatic transmission. It is CVT single speed manual transaxle system that uses grease (00 Grease). You have to dissassemble it and manually remove the grease before add new grease.

Trout bum

Threads
Okay first that mower doesn't have a hydrostatic transmission. It is CVT single speed manual transaxle system that uses grease (00 Grease). You have to dissassemble it and manually remove the grease before add new grease.
Thanks for the information. Jack

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just enter your Model Number above.
You will need 3 tubes of grease above if you so choose to replace grease.
The answer to your question below is you will need a helper, Safety First: Scotch front wheels & place rear axle on jack stands, sitting in seat Operate tractor in forward & reverse listening for any noise, let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

Last edited:

Trout bum

Threads
Question: Is there a method of testing the reliability of the CVT transaxle without actually hooking it up to the motor. Like spinning it with an electric drill. Jack

Trout bum

Threads
Just enter your Model Number above.
You will need 3 tubes of grease above if you so choose to replace grease.
The answer to your question below is you will need a helper, Safety First: Scotch front wheels & place rear axle on jack stands, sitting in seat Operate tractor in forward & reverse listening for any noise, let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark
I took your advice and disconnected the upper drive belt, jacked up the rear end and turned the CVT with my electric drill. The right wheel turned continuously in forward and in the reverse, while the left wheel only turned once in a while. I did hear a “strange noise” coming from the transaxle. It is probably not worth fixing. Any thoughts or advice. Jack.
PS: There are ads in craigs list for running broncos for $100 and $200 respectively.