Troy Bilt Bronco brakes don't work...

Chris_Townley

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK a while back I noticed my brakes didn't work quite right.
then it got to they didn't work at all.
USED to be I could push in the little locking button and it would lock the emergency brake.
Now that button just flops around and won't do anything.
SO I don't know if something is broke; or if there is a switch that may have malfunctioned or what.
Can anyone tell me the possible things that "may" be wrong so I know where to start looking.
THANKS

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post your model & serial numbers in above & look at troubleshooting section in Operators Manual.

Chris_Townley

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have no clue what (or where) the serial number is - or where to find it. Model number is easy; it's on the engine cover
I've been to the link you listed; but obviously without the serial number I am sunk

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have no clue what (or where) the serial number is - or where to find it. Model number is easy; it's on the engine cover
I've been to the link you listed; but obviously without the serial number I am sunk
That is just for the engine. Usually the mower serial number tag is on the rear. either under the seat or on the fender pan under the seat.

Also does it brake normally or has that also gone away?

Chris_Townley

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is just for the engine. Usually the mower serial number tag is on the rear. either under the seat or on the fender pan under the seat.

Also does it brake normally or has that also gone away?
it's got to where it doesn't brake much at all now....

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
We need model and serial numbers for the mower. Call the manufacturer or google your machine up.

slomo