Troy Bilt 33" Combination Deck won't pull

TC10284

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a Troy Bilt 33" Combination Deck self-propelled mower that has stopped pulling suddenly. I don't have a model # because it is faded.
When I used it a few weeks ago it was fine. Tried yesterday and it will not pull. The only thing that was done in between that time is putting a tube in the right tire. No force was used to remove the rim. Just jacked the right side up, pull the E clip off the hub, then literally pull the rim off with no effort. Then put the rim back on with the new tube. Again, no force required.

I tried replacing the drive belt with a new one because it was very cracked, but that didn't help anything. I have tried all speed settings, and reverse. I can hear it clicking in each gear when the engine isn't running.

Is there anything I can do to fix?

Pics:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suspect that the square key was lost from the rim/axle when the rim was removed from the axle, and now the axle is spinning inside the rim.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with IL, as most people realize that there is a key in there when they remove the wheel.

TC10284

Forum Newbie
Threads
I suspect that the square key was lost from the rim/axle when the rim was removed from the axle, and now the axle is spinning inside the rim.

Yep, you were right. I went outside and messed with it again after I posted and just happened to see the axle spinning but the rim was not. I said "dang..." and then went to hunt the key where I took the rim off. Luckily I found it and it works!

Next, I have had much trouble getting the right belt. Currently have a 57" on it, but brake doesn't engage/won't stop moving when I left off the operator presence control.
So now I must get a 58.5" drive belt. But, at least it allowed me to find out that the blade spindle cogged belt and the blade belt is also getting pretty worn. So I'm replacing those while I have it apart.

Thanks!