Troy bIlt 30R oil change

Greely2018

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt 30R and need to change oil after first 5 hrs, which is now. I can find no oil change appliance. There is what looks like a recessed aluminum plug with about a a 1/4 inch opening . Nothing like the units shown on Troy Bilt sites and no mention in the instruction manual at all. I presume this is not unique to my mower. I would like to get this done quickly without going thru Troybilt and having something shipped to arrive here in due course. I wd appreciate any advice on this. Many thanks.

gotomow

Threads
It's probably the model without the plastic drain valve on it. So if it's the plug with the recessed square in it use a 3/8" socket wrench with the long extension on it. The extension should fit in the opening and you can remove the plug.

Greely2018

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's probably the model without the plastic drain valve on it. So if it's the plug with the recessed square in it use a 3/8" socket wrench with the long extension on it. The extension should fit in the opening and you can remove the plug.
Thank you. I am doing just that.

Joed756

Threads
If the plug doesn't have a recessed end just use a socket wrench backwards. Put the female end of the extension over the plug, turn the male end with a wrench.