Troy-Bilt 220...156cc self prop.walk behind mower runs perfect.

ICMadness

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 220...156cc self prop.walk behind mower runs perfect.
I have a TB-220 self prop. Walk behind mower. I have had 3 years, I had to replace carb. And plug this year because it wouldn’t start but every10-20th pull and only run a second. I got a great deal $13 for the exact replacement carb. New plug, filter. Put it on and it starts first pull, runs like brand new, can be moved around no problem can be left running sitting still and will run indefinitely but as soon as it touches grass it dies and it doesn’t bog down and die it just acts like I’ve removed the spark plug wire. Please can anyone suggest a fix..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this have a throttle control on the handle, or just a constant speed. I'm thinking that when the governor opens the throttle the new carb is jetted too small and it leans out. If you have throttle control try going from low speed to high.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Sometimes great deals are too good to be true, I would also check to be sure your throttle links are hooked up correctly.

ICMadness

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does this have a throttle control on the handle, or just a constant speed. I'm thinking that when the governor opens the throttle the new carb is jetted too small and it leans out. If you have throttle control try going from low speed to high.
No throttle control by the operator at all. The new carb was exactly like the one I replaced which was the stock part. I hope it’s nothing like the jets are to small cause I wouldn’t know how to fix that.

ICMadness

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes great deals are too good to be true, I would also check to be sure your throttle links are hooked up correctly.
I will check the throttle links and get back to u.

ICMadness

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check that the carb has a main jet in it
How would I check to make sure it has a main jet. If it’s a dumb question please overlook my ignorance and I still appreciate ur input and ignore my question I won’t mind..