Troubleshooting Grasshopper PTO Failure

BWH

Threads
I just felt the need to share lessons learned while troubleshooting the PTO circuit my 2012 Grasshopper 725 DT6 W/PowerFold deck. While bagging leaves the other day my PTO started kicking in and out it cleared up for a bit then it went in and out a few more times before the PTO went completely dead. I printed a wiring diagram out and started following the circuit, Grasshopper uses a fairly complex system of grounding switches for the safety switches which ultimately operate the PTO relay under the control panel. After a couple of nights messing around following circuits with everything checking out, I called my dealer. He had a few ideas and tests I ran and checked out then he asked if my height adjusting fold over plastic spacers on the PowerFold arm were worn, I looked them over and yes, they were somewhat worn. Turns out that when they wear it can let the PowerFold arm lay at an angle allowing the micro switch under the fold not to make enough contact to complete the circuit. Replaced the worn height adjusting fold over spacers now the arm is in alignment and all works like new.

Just trying to save someone a little time and headache over such a simple thing.

1mk2

Threads
AMEN, thanks for sharing.