Transmission Oil Reservoir

timlab55

Threads
I'm trying very hard to follow everything on my new Hustler DX Raptor 2021. But for the life of me, I can't find the transmission Oil Reservoir anywhere. Did the Company forget to add it? If someone could show me a location of it, that would be very helpful.
Thanks
Dan

sapper1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Same here on my 21 Raptor XL. However, I do see what appears to be a fill plug on the top of each transmission and there is a hole in the frame to access it.

sapper1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now that I think about it I do believe the rep said they are non serviceable.

timlab55

Threads
I completely understand what you are saying Mark. However, let's see if this makes sense tho. You have two filters, and filters will get dirty and not do their jobs anymore. Further more, this is a fill plug on both plus a plug on the side. So if these are non-serviceable as you mentioned, why would they have filters to began with?
I have another question since we are talking about these transmissions. Got it home from the shop (the loaded it for me on to my trailer), and then started to cut grass. Then today as I was cutting grass for 1.5 hours, took a break and when I was walking back to the machine, I noticed that the two by-pass values rods where in the free wheeling position. So I consulted the book and closed them and proceeded to cut more grass.
Did I hurt the transmission? It seems to be running fine after I closed them?
Thanks
Dan

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can't agree with you more Dan, my Operators Manual for my 2010 Simplicity Broadmoor lawn tractor also states that the K57 Tuff Torque transaxle is a sealed unit & maintenance is not required. My two sons have Simplicity lawn tractors purchased used so we read up & studied & serviced all three transaxles.
I believe you did not hurt your transmission. Yes I believe filters should be changed as well as fluid. I would use OEM Hustler filters & fluid. I would do some research as far as frequency of changing filters & fluid, I'm pretty sure it is at 100 hrs. or more. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

timlab55

Threads
Thanks man, and I did the research on the frequency of changing the filters and fluid. The first time it's 40 hours and then after that it's 100 hours. I also found out that these transmission will/should last at least for 2,000 hours. Gee, I wonder if that's a long time (10 years) or something closer to maybe 5 years. Either way, I sure hope that they have them in stock for me and currently they are running around $750.00 each.
Dan

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Much cheaper hiring a lawn crew. You sit on the couch drinking a cold one watching the game.

slomo

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks man, and I did the research on the frequency of changing the filters and fluid. The first time it's 40 hours and then after that it's 100 hours. I also found out that these transmission will/should last at least for 2,000 hours. Gee, I wonder if that's a long time (10 years) or something closer to maybe 5 years. Either way, I sure hope that they have them in stock for me and currently they are running around $750.00 each.
Dan

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pick up a small documentation book at Walmart etc. if you plan on servicing mower yourself. Preventive maintenance is the key in keeping equipment running.