Transmission drive belt XT1 LT42 - Reinstallation

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for tips on how to get the bolt and pulley properly reinstalled. I had to remove the assembly due there being a lip above the pulley that did not allow me to wedge the new belt on. As result I now cannot get the arm that pivots on that point to line up. I'm out of ideas. I cannot physically apply anymore force to move anything around. It just won't move past a certain point. Attached is a snip of the drive diagram and the subject problematic parts highlighted.

Attachments

• xt1lt42_drive diagram snip.JPG
    xt1lt42_drive diagram snip.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 17

Forum Newbie
Threads
feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and that I need to do more disassembly in order to reassemble.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not really sure what you are saying here .
Did you totally remove the tension arm part # 2 ?
Usually you set the parking brake then remove nut # 9 , slide the pulley up about 1/2 " then replace the belt .

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not really sure what you are saying here .
Did you totally remove the tension arm part # 2 ?
Usually you set the parking brake then remove nut # 9 , slide the pulley up about 1/2 " then replace the belt .
I didn't remove the tension totally. Although, I guess I did. I ended up releasing the spring off of #8 then I got it all back together. Initially I tried not to remove the pulley/bolt completely buuuuuuuut I did. Thanks for highlighting to easier way to execute this.

Forest#2

Threads
  • / Transmission drive belt XT1 LT42 - Reinstallation
Lok it up on You tube. (search for video and tips about such)

Some of them Cubs are a pain with no instructions in the owners manual and the SERVICE manual are priced like gold)

I've felt your Cub pain. I found info for mine on you tube.