Transmission belt size.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got a 42" Murray in the shop
Mod 425620X92A which would appear to be a Walmart special
It needs a new transmission belt 37x144MA ( printed on decal & same as the parts book I downloaded & jacks & partstree .
Two problem with that
Firstly the quoted for genuine Murray belt runs from $ 120 to $ 175 (aus ) + freight
and secondly they are nill stock everywhere I have checked so far

Any one know what the actual size is ?
Not listed in any of my aftermarket catalogues but they do list one for 42" cut with Dana transmission, but not for this model number.
And the current belt is wrong as it has the spring fouling on the rear tension pulley
( lots of wrong parts on this one )

Apparently Gates have modified their interchange site and it no longer works on my computer.
I did get a cross to a Std 6888 belt which looks like being a 4L88

Can any one confirm this please

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Bert, it looks like the 37x144MA is the correct part number. I have checked Stens, Oregon, Pix, Gates, and Rotary and have not come up with an aftermarket belt Didn't find a size reference either sorry.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
RBI is crossing it to an 1/2 x 88 Kevlar belt so I give it a try if you got one in stock. Otherwise what does the current belt measures out to be?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you gentlemen.
Yes I have both an AK88 & a 4L88K in stock.
Did not get a chance to pull the existing belt off before the 2lb mossies came out,
But it has to be too short because it prevents the clutch pedal returning further than 1/2 way
The clutch spring is also fouling on one of the flat idlers