Transaxle needs oil

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First how do you know it needs oil. Second do you have the tool to remove the fan and pulley to get to the regular fill port or are you able to remove the vent valve?

Ben M

Threads
First how do you know it needs oil. Second do you have the tool to remove the fan and pulley to get to the regular fill port or are you able to remove the vent valve?
Since you replied to this post. I do have a puller. I couldn’t remove the vent valve. So you saying there’s a fill plug under the fan?

Sorry I accidentally posted this as I was trying to post photos. This is my first post with photos. I couldn’t find a place to delete this post. I made another post with text and photo.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Since I already posted here I just respond here.

First correct model number for the mower is 13WQ93AP010.

What you attempt to loosen was the neutral adjustment.

Here is where the oil fill is located.
1654975351635.png
You might, if you are good, remove that cap without removing the pulley and fan. Note these caps should be replace once removed as they do go bad with age. I have replaced several that actually had holes in them allowing water to enter the transaxle. If this happens then the unit must be removed so the oil can be changed and a new oil filter installed inside the unit.

Under the cap you will find magnet disc.

The cap pn is 187T0136300 and is about $4 plus shipping. The oil is a Synthetic 15W50 motor oil. The axle seal is PN 187T0134280 and is about $5 plus shipping. It can be change without opening up the transaxle. This is provided the local dealer don't have the parts.

Ben M

Threads
Since I already posted here I just respond here.

First correct model number for the mower is 13WQ93AP010.

What you attempt to loosen was the neutral adjustment.

Here is where the oil fill is located.
View attachment 60930
You might, if you are good, remove that cap without removing the pulley and fan. Note these caps should be replace once removed as they do go bad with age. I have replaced several that actually had holes in them allowing water to enter the transaxle. If this happens then the unit must be removed so the oil can be changed and a new oil filter installed inside the unit.

Under the cap you will find magnet disc.

The cap pn is 187T0136300 and is about $4 plus shipping. The oil is a Synthetic 15W50 motor oil. The axle seal is PN 187T0134280 and is about $5 plus shipping. It can be change without opening up the transaxle. This is provided the local dealer don't have the parts.

Ben M

Threads
Thanks StarTech. I didn’t attempt to loosen the neutral adjustment, that’s why I asked first if it was a plug. It looked like a adjustment setup to me.
Thanks again,
Ben

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another satisfied customer.

Ben M

Threads
Since you replied to this post. I do have a puller. I couldn’t remove the vent valve. So you saying there’s a fill plug under the fan?

Sorry I accidentally posted this as I was trying to post photos. This is my first post with photos. I couldn’t find a place to delete this post. I made another post with text and photo.
Another satisfied customer.

Ben M

Threads
Star Teck
I removed the fan and pulley, does the fill plug just pry straight up ? Seems like l will destroy the plug if it does.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
this is the instruction from Tuff Torq if it helps. And yes it is just a friction fit cap. Also they can be damage if old and the rubber coating is brittle.
1654986454152.png