TRACTOR OR ZTR

Which do you prefer to mow with

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Bart

Threads
For me there is no contest the ZTR wins hands down but I would like to see what the rest think.

Parkmower

Threads
I see the advantages of both.
If I can only have one machine and I need it to do multiple duties like mowing, snow control, hauling. I'd go with a GT.

If I'm only mowing and I want it done. Im goin ZT.

Btw only machine at home is a ZT.
Have a walk behind snow thrower and driveways not too big.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have, (and do have) a ZTR ... that runs a 72 inch rotary grooming mower, a Large Snow Blower, a very heavy duty finish flail mower... or other front mount attachments.
It has a full cab. I can tow with it if needed. Has a 4 cylinder Kubota Diesel, I have other tractors and mowers but if I want to get something mowed fast and Easy... The ZTR is my choice.

:smile:KennyV

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Ill stick to my lawntractors - down here in the sunshine state ive herd so many negative things about ZTR's ( people that use them/mowing services mostly ) - they tear up the grass , mow it so short , leave tracks all over..... the mowing service that does the empty house next door literally scalps the yard ( so they dont have to come back as often).

I dont have need for such a large machine as i only have a 1/3 of an acre, could use a push mower, but its too hot , plus i mow the other neighbors yard next to us. Always doing stuff around the yard, i mostly use my 86GTII to haul a trailer ( if its heavy enough).

jenkinsph

Threads
I like mowing with my all wheel steer and use it for everything on finished lawns, but I would use a zeroturn if I mowed for a living.

faithjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well its hard to say. Tractors are great for large areas where there is less manuvering. Zeros are faster in tight areas by far. Zeros get stuck a whole lot easier than tractors and don't plow at all. So do what I did get both and have 2 times the fun. Oh and 2 times the headaches!!!!!

fastback

Threads
I'm old fashion I like tractors. They can do a lot of things like pulling a trailer or a log splitter. You can take things right to the site. You may want to plow snow or grade a driveway in the summer. How about plowing a garden. Maybe roto-till a parcel. How about pulling a grader. One thing we must not forget they also cut grass very well, mine is a 52-inch. I also use my tractor to move my 14-foot utility trailer in the yard. Oh, I have also seen the neighbor use it on a small (very) hay ride:thumbsup:

murph

Forum Newbie
Threads
I like my Simplicity Conquest.. Nothing does better for lawn cutting and stripping. Then when the snow comes I put on my 42 in snowblower...

bodean

Threads
I use both for different tasks, but only own the ZTR as 90% of my work involves grass cutting. The ZTR is much faster and more maneuverable around the 60 or so trees, bushes, and flowers that my in-laws have. BTW, I cut not only my farm, but take care of the in-laws farm that includes 2 houses and yards. There are some areas that a GT type works best such as tight spaces that a ZTR will not fit between. This is the case on the in-laws farm with all the trees and yard trinkets that my 78 year old M-I-L likes to decorate the yard with. For the large rough open areas I use a JD 850 tractor with a finishing mower, for which I also have all the ground equipment to do just about anything else that requires heavy duty.

So, the short answer to this poll would be.....use what you need for what ever type work you do. BTW, Snow? What snow?