Towable Yard Cart For X380, Opinions and Reviews Needed

cruzenmike

Threads
  • / Towable Yard Cart For X380, Opinions and Reviews Needed
I am set to pick up my 2021 X380 next week and am looking to get a yard cart for moving around dirt, rocks, mulch and wood. I do not really have any hills or grades to climb. I chose the X380 for it's "stronger" transmission and want to pick the most appropriate cart based on the capabilities of the mower. I had considered the John Deere 10P cart but thought it to be a little too small. The 17p is likely a better fit for the x500 series because it can be loaded up with 1,000lbs of payload.

Anyway, I was hoping that some of your could tell me what cart you have, what you are pulling it with and then give feedback on the cart itself and whether or not the cart is too much for your machine to handle when fully loaded.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

NorthBama

Threads
this one is not green but it is a nice one

cruzenmike

Threads
Ye
this one is not green but it is a nice one
I do really like that one. I am quite certain that it is made for Husqvarna by someone else and can be had with other makes on the side. I should have also stated that I desire to have a poly-type cart with dump feature. This cart you offered as a suggestion of course fits the build but I am sure that there are even 15 cu. ft options as well. Do you have this cart? If so, what are you pulling it with?

Born2Mow

Threads
This is the type equipment I buy at Tractor Supply... if you have one near you. They'll have several designs in the $150 range.

cruzenmike

Threads
one of the issues that I've run into a tractor supply is that a lot of the more expensive carts they do not stock in store and they want something like $110 to ship it to the store.

NorthBama

Threads
Ye

I do really like that one. I am quite certain that it is made for Husqvarna by someone else and can be had with other makes on the side. I should have also stated that I desire to have a poly-type cart with dump feature. This cart you offered as a suggestion of course fits the build but I am sure that there are even 15 cu. ft options as well. Do you have this cart? If so, what are you pulling it with?
no i dont have this cart saw it at a local shop looks will built and i like the rotate feature

Lawn Addict
Threads
The poly cart/ wagon I have has 4 pneumatic tires, the lil woman likes to pull it around by hand to do her planting stuff.

But I pull it with my Toro Z, & got it from Harbor Freight years back, dump able & was only like $79.

Plenty for our needs.. IIRC, 600 lb capacity.

cruzenmike

Threads
I ended up going to the John Deere dealer yesterday to inquire about some accessories for the X380 and to my surprise the mower had arrived early and was sitting tagged on the showroom floor. The Dealership Owner was waiting for an opening in their delivery scheduled to give me a call since they are working the delivery (for free) into their service pickup scheduled. If I would have known it was there I certainly could have grabbed a trailer earlier in the day and picked it up myself, but it just looks like I am going to have to wait a few more days.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing a John Deere 10P cart after discussing with the Sales Rep the potential issues with the swivel type carts and going up to the 17P; difficulty rotating while loaded and far exceeding the capabilities of the mower, respectively. I plan to use the cart for moving dirt and stone in addition to sticks and mulch. When loaded up with dirt I will be nearing or exceeding the weight capacity of the 10P so I just need to be mindful when filling. My lawn roller is 640 lbs when filled with water and the cart should be kept to within 650 lbs so these two accessories should pair well with the mower.

Last night I found the instructions to make the side panels. I will likely make two sets, one with openings in the sides for hauling sticks and logs and another with solid pieces for moving mulch. I might even throw a splash of John Deere yellow paint on them to complete the look.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats on the 2 new pieces of equipment.. (y)