Toro Titan or Kubota Z422

270wsmhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a Husqvarna garden tractor GT52XLS for 8 years and runs excellent with the Kawasaki engine and 184 hours on it but time to upgrade. I plan to keep the tractor and add a zero turn to my personal inventory. This mower will be used to mow our future home property which is 3.08 acres with pines surrounding it and upkeep our current home in town, slight grade average city lot. I will add the 3.08 acres was a field many years ago and is grass but not the smoothest thing to mow, I plan to redo it in the future and/or have a farmer come in with a field roller and go over it to help it for now. I've been doing lots of researching and watching YouTube videos. I always said I'd buy a Kubota for my next mower but also interested in the Toro Titan with MyRide. The Kubota I'd like to buy is a Z422 with 54" or 60" deck, this model seems harder to find here in MN especially with the 60" deck. The Toro would be a Titan 54" or 60" deck MyRide with the Toro engine, not a big Kohler fan so planning on steering away from ones with that engine.

It would be nice to have the smoother ride of the MyRide but I like the build specs of the Kubota. I thought I'd ask on here to get some other peoples opinions on these mowers. I'd like to keep as much of my money as I can but am willing to pay a little more to get a product that should last me into retirement based on hours used with current tractor. Hoping to stay in the $6K-9K realm. Looking to put a bagger on it also. Any advice or real world experience with these products would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chad D.

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a year old, but I’m new to this site and have the exact same question….
8 year old GT52XLS with about 200 hours. No longer need tractor type features from it, as I have a Kubota B2650 for all of that. I only need a mower to mow.

looking at the 60” Toro Titan with My-Ride as well as the 60” Kubota Z422 mentioned above. In addition, I’m also peeking at a Deere Z930R. That’s stretching the budget, but I’m a “buy once, cry once” fella anymore.

My biggest complaint on my GT52XLS is that it absolutely stinks if the lawn is the slightest bit damp. I’ve never been so frustrated with a mower! I have to lift the mower with my tractor and scrape the deck constantly, and it leaves clumps all over the lawn when I mow. New blades make little difference, but I’m going to try new belts this week to see if that’s the culprit.

Any thoughts on my ZT choices is greatly appreciated, and I wouldn’t ignore anyone who has input on my current problem…

Cornfield

Threads
I bought a Titan Max and have been extremely pleased. While they don’t come with MyRide, the ride is great.

Chad D.

Forum Newbie
Threads
New belt and blades on GT52XLS helped for about 3 hours. Then it rained. Mowed a day later, in mild dew conditions. Junk…

Back on the hunt. Gonna look real hard at the Titan, because it seems like a pretty solid value. As much as I’d love to, it just doesn’t make sense to pop for a $13K full-on commercial unit.

radios

Forum Newbie
Threads
New belt and blades on GT52XLS helped for about 3 hours. Then it rained. Mowed a day later, in mild dew conditions. Junk…

Back on the hunt. Gonna look real hard at the Titan, because it seems like a pretty solid value. As much as I’d love to, it just doesn’t make sense to pop for a $13K full-on commercial unit.
I would like to know the outcome. What you went with. I have the same delimma. Charles

Threads
I have a 50 inch Toro Time Cutter with My Ride and love it. I only cut a half acre but the 20 minutes or so I'm on it my back doesn't hurt. My back would always hurt when I got off my Craftsman tractor. You can adjust the My Ride suspension system. You have to experience it on every setting to know the right one to keep it at. There's maybe 6 or 7 settings. What sold me was the YouTube videos of G4Outdoors.

bob54

Threads
Just went through a similar decision-making process myself. I was eyeing up both Kubota and another brand for a new mower for my 2-acre lot, which is a bit uneven with a couple of slopes here and there. Ended up leaning towards Kubota because of their reputation for durability and the quality of the cut. My neighbour has a Toro, though, and he swears by the MyRide system for comfort, especially on rougher terrain.

For me, the choice came down to prioritizing long-term reliability and the specifics of the terrain I was dealing with. I ended up purchasing the KUBOTA T2290KWT, known for its exceptional performance across my kind of landscape, costing me $8,999 new. I was drawn to this model not just for its reputation but also for the peace of mind knowing that, should I need parts, they wouldn't break the bank.

If you are interested too, but don't want to spend too much money, here you can get a cheap Kubota mower. It would be a worthwhile investment for your property.

Last edited: