Toro Timemaster

Dug The Lawn Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
My TIMEMASTER is 3 years old and it failed already. Both idlers, pulley, belt and blades needed to be replaced costing $352. That's a lot of cash to put out for a $1100 lawn mower considering that I have it maintained at a local power equipment dealer. I needed another mower while this one was down so I bought a second one, big mistake. The new one runs terribly constantly backfiring out the muffler and sucking gas like crazy. Also it doesn't have enough power to create lift causing grass clippings to come out from under deck rather than go into the bagger. I sent TORO an email to discuss my product concerns and they blew me off. Too bad, I've used TORO mowers since 1997. I guess brand loyalty means nothing anymore.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Belts blades & idlers are all SERVICE REPLACEMENT ITEMS , exactly the same as tyres & brake pads in your car
If the cost of service parts is beyond your finances then get a goat .
Replacing the afore mentioned parts is a 1/2 day job with hand tools or 1 to 2 hours if you have power tools .
If the store sold you a dud mower, take it back and get a warranty repair done.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There was a recall on some units for bad idlers. Due to Covid I’ve not got access to the bulletin, to check serial numbers involved, but your dealer should have contacted you. Might want to check with them to see if your unit was covered when you first had the problem.

gotomow

Threads
Those parts add up to about $130.00
????