Toro Timemaster Problem

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

Just bought a Toro Timemaster 30inch mower and used it once. It cut and mulched great, happy with that. My problem is that the personal pace mechanism squeals when i start the machine moving. Also, I noticed that it doesn't move as fast as it did when I first used it. If I push the bar all the way down, it should take off, but it doesn't and is very sluggish. Anyone have the same problem? The sqealing sounds like a belt could be lose, which would explain the slow movement. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi All,

Just bought a Toro Timemaster 30inch mower and used it once. It cut and mulched great, happy with that. My problem is that the personal pace mechanism squeals when i start the machine moving. Also, I noticed that it doesn't move as fast as it did when I first used it. If I push the bar all the way down, it should take off, but it doesn't and is very sluggish. Anyone have the same problem? The sqealing sounds like a belt could be lose, which would explain the slow movement. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

I have the Turf Master and am not familiar with the TimeMaster, You need to ask or get with Rivets he's works for Toro and could give you the answers you need. My Turf Master has an adjustable drive but I don't know about the Time Master.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi All,

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, did some research, go to your manual and on Page 19 use figure 36 and 37 it's the drive belt adjustment. Try adjusting the cable as it says. It's basically like the Turf master and I know I had to adjust mine after the first couple of times I used it because it loosened and I had to tightened mine and adjust it for me. I think that will solve the issue.

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the insight Ric! I will check this out later and let you know how it turns out.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the insight Ric! I will check this out later and let you know how it turns out.

If it doesn't get you what you want check with Rivets on here or maybe drop him a PM he can tell you more.

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, so I tightened the line for the personal pace and it didn't have any effect. Basically, the personal pace mechanism does not work for this mower anymore. I took the belt guard off to take a look inside and found that when I push down the personal pace bar, the chord is pulled, but doesn't move near the transmission/belts. Theres a disconnect somwehre down the line and I don't know where. The cable is definately being pulled by the handlebar but theres no movement near the drive train.

I just bought it a few days ago, so I will most likely return it.

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
So decided to return the mower. Got a new timemaster and brought it home and started her up and the motor sputters quite a bit. The first mower definately didnt sound like this. Could this be that the motorr was just started for first time or is it a sign of a more serious problem? Needless to say my patience is wearing thin with this mower...

Any input is appreciated...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you getting these units from a dealer or a big box store. It seems to me that both of these problems are set up problems. If it was from a dealer, they should be setting them up and checking them, if they are any good. If it was from a big box store, were they in a box or off the floor. I'm guessing big box store and off the floor. I have not seen eitherbof these problems and I can only guess after you give a little more info.

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Rivets,

You are correct, big box store, however, both units were in boxes and NOT floor models. The first one, which had the problem with the personal pace, seemed to idle much smoother. Granted the new one was only running for about 5 minutes. But definitely noticed some sputtering. Engine just didn't sound great, which has got me worried since its a new mower.