Buying Advice Toro Timemaster or Cub Cadet 760???

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there, I have about a half acre property, just large enough where a 21 inch push mower is too small but no exactly big enough for a riding mower. I'm looking for a good alternative and like the idea of either the Toro Timemaster 30 inch mower, or the Cub Cadet 760 33 inch. I wanted to get some feedback from people on which mower they think is better.

I have a pretty thick lawn. Ultimately, I would like to be able to use a mulching kit and not have to bag as they don't collect grass in my area. Any thoughts? I'm a little worried the toro won't be powerful enough to mulch, however I also read about problems with the Cub Cadet and its mulching ability. Any insight would be great.

Thanks, Chris

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Toro TimeMaster is designed to mulch just like all Toro walk behinds. To do the BEST job of mulching with any brand of mulching mower you must remember to do the following things. One, never cut more than 1/3 of the grass high. This means if the grass stands 6" high, you should set your cutting height at 4". Two, always cut when the grass is dry. Three, keep your blade sharp and the underside of the deck clean. Four, watch your foot speed so that the blade has time to chop the grass properly. Going to fast will leave the clippings to long. That being said, I have always recommended Toro as the best mulching unit on the market today.