Toro Timecutter SS 4216 won't move forward or reverse

Bat57

Threads
  • / Toro Timecutter SS 4216 won't move forward or reverse
Hey guys, I have acquired a 2014 Toro Timecutter SS4216. Model #74616, Serial # 314000559. It was not running but it had been as i knew who owned it and it had been setting up for a while. After a little clean up the engine fired up and ran. I remembered when we tried to load it my friend said the key had to be on because it had electric brakes. So I fired up the engine and tried to drive the mower but nothing happened. I checked the transmission disconnect levers on the back and they were all the way in. Then I checked the drive belt and everything looked good there. I had my son come out and sit in the seat, start the engine, drive belt turning, cooling fans on transmissions turning good, and brakes were released but no movement either direction. I have cleaned all switch terminals and battery so good electric flow. I searched the internet and everything is saying it is probably the electric brake model but the brake is releasing when the switch is on and I can see under there that the brakes are released. Any ideas? I don't think both units would go bad at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the axels
Possible the wheels have been removed and the drive keys have fallen out
Yes very unlikely that both have gone bad together
Still could be a slipping belt but you would smell that

Bat57

Threads
Check the axels
Possible the wheels have been removed and the drive keys have fallen out
Yes very unlikely that both have gone bad together
Still could be a slipping belt but you would smell that
OK. Thanks for the idea.

Bat57

Threads
OK. Thanks for the idea.
I checked the wheels. The wheels are bolted to the axle, it does not have axle keys that turn the wheels. They are like car wheels.

packardv8

Threads
I checked the wheels. The wheels are bolted to the axle, it does not have axle keys that turn the wheels. They are like car wheels.
While it's unlikely the keys are missing, Toro has hubs which are keyed to the shaft and then the wheels bolt to the hubs.

My Toro has two small right angle rods which come out the back of the frame. When pushed in, these disconnect the transaxle for hand transport. Make sure they're in the correct position "Out" position.

jack vines

Bat57

Threads
While it's unlikely the keys are missing, Toro has hubs which are keyed to the shaft and then the wheels bolt to the hubs.

My Toro has two small right angle rods which come out the back of the frame. When pushed in, these disconnect the transaxle for hand transport. Make sure they're in the correct position "Out" position.

jack vines
I haven't had a chance to update until now but there was no Transmision release sticker on this mower for the disconnect levers and every other riding mower I have ever dealt with, you pulled the levers out to disengage the transmission so it could free wheel. After finally finding a manual I saw that this model you push the levers in to disengage, so I pulled them out and the mower went to operating as it was suppose to. Thank you for the info, you had the correct answer.