Toro timecutter 3200 won’t throttle up

SamA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Timecutter 3200 with a18hp Briggs and Stratton engine. It’s starts right up and idles but will not throttle up. It stays at the same low rpm’s no matter how I adjust the throttle on the carb. I have taken the carb apart several times and cleaned every orifice there is. I’ve also replaced the fuel filter. At a loss

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked to make sure that the throttle control is actually moving the throttle plate on the carb. I’ve seen a few with broken cables.

SamA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked to make sure that the throttle control is actually moving the throttle plate on the carb. I’ve seen a few with broken cables.
Yes, I can even open and close the throttle plate by hand and it stays at the same rpms

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m lost add need more info. Remember we are not standing next to you and you must be our eyes and ears. Please post all engine numbers so we can see what you are working on. Also, if possible please post a couple of pictures of the carb and linkages.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you looking at the throttle plate , the butterfly closest to the engine.
If you can open & close it and there is no difference then the only thing it can be is some big obstruction in the manifold, Like Minnies brother, Maxi Mouse .