Toro or ExMark ?

dek0303

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm currently looking at the Toro SS 4200 Zero Turn as well as the ExMark Quest. For those who have had any experience with either machine I'd like your input as far as which is the better choice. I've got appx. 1.5 acres with some fruit trees and one small section with a fairly good grade.

Threads
I'm currently looking at the Toro SS 4200 Zero Turn as well as the ExMark Quest. For those who have had any experience with either machine I'd like your input as far as which is the better choice. I've got appx. 1.5 acres with some fruit trees and one small section with a fairly good grade.

WELCOME TO LMF!
Well, they are both residential models, so you can't expect them to last forever. I think either one would be good for you. I know some people said the Toro will slide on slopes, but chances are the Exmark would do that, also.

A_tank96

Threads
Well, Exmark is made by Toro, but exmarks are mostly commercial models. Exmark is more expensive, for reasons. Evem though I have a Toro, I would get the exmark if you can afford it. If you do end up getting the Toro, maybe look at a higher end 42 inch deck, like the Toro mx 4200. And always buy from a dealer!

ringahding

Threads
I love both and yes they are made by the same company. But I can testify to the "Sliding"(THEY DO NOT), because I am actually using two Toro Zmasters on a daily basis. Even with the heavy bagger systems they climb the heck out of slopes with no problems!

Threads
I love both and yes they are made by the same company. But I can testify to the "Sliding"(THEY DO NOT), because I am actually using two Toro Zmasters on a daily basis. Even with the heavy bagger systems they climb the heck out of slopes with no problems!

Well I was talking about the Timecutters (the residential units) that slide.

Threads
Well, Exmark is made by Toro, but exmarks are mostly commercial models. Exmark is more expensive, for reasons. Evem though I have a Toro, I would get the exmark if you can afford it. If you do end up getting the Toro, maybe look at a higher end 42 inch deck, like the Toro mx 4200. And always buy from a dealer!

And if you have a lot of money, I would go with an Exmark Lazer Z. The best ZTR mower!!

scott47429

Threads
i have the laser Z XP i didn't want to spend the money to get into a new one so i went looking at used found one at the dealer i use he let me take it home for a week i bought it and have never looked back i test drove alot of residential mower and glad i didn't buy them i love my lazer and if you decide to go that route you will be happy and right now the buyer is in the drivers seat no matter if your looking at used or new with winter coming on the deals are out there

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing forum. :smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

dek0303,
As you can tell from most of the replies you will most likely find a lot of similarities with the Exmark & Toro lines(Residentials-the Toro Timecutter & the Exmark Quest, the Toro Titans & the Exmark Pioneer, as well as Commercials-the Toro Z-Master and the Exmark Lazer Z). For your needs, if you are adamant on purchasing a new ZTR, you would probably be OK with the upper model Residentials unless you are willing to buy a used commercial. Personally, for the differences in price I would probably go with the Toro Titan MX series if I wasn't going to get a commercial. Of course I've never looked at the Exmark Pioneer models, but like one poster said...Exmark really focuses on the commercial models and with Toro being around since 1914 I would lean towards their long-standing reputation.

wjb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Same thing Exmark Toro most parts will interchange