Toro Groundsmaster 217D(diesel)-water separator element no longer avail..help!

ScottDR

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro Groundsmaster 217D(diesel)-water separator element no longer avail..help!
Hi all,

Just bought one and it's a model 30793 and serial # 5000's so built in 1985 and has 880 hours on it. Anyone know if it's possible to clean the separator element? The Toro part number is: 43-5470 SEPARATOR ELEMENT. Manual says to replace once fuel is contaminated but it's no longer available-and water is most likely the culprit for non-start as it sat outside all winter. I'll be draining/cleaning the tank plus replacing the fuel filter and fuel pump filter(and air filter) and then bleeding the air out as per the manual.

If not, anyone have a source for a whole new unit for this 62" commercial diesel rider? I'm hoping something small is available elsewhere. I'm new to diesels but worked on 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines a lot in the past. So I'm ignorant when it comes to separators!

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Toro Groundsmaster 217D(diesel)-water separator element no longer avail..help!
Google search “toro 43-5470 filter” They are out there.

ScottDR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to you both! Now I need to call them for a shipping quote to Canada.

Best,

Scott