Toro 824 Power Max OE (year 2019) help

artching

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Toro 824 Power Max OE; model number 37798 that I was using the other day and it stopped on me and now wont start. I have had the snow blower for 2 winters and used it very sparingly. The last time I ran it was about 9 months ago and it ran fine. I made a few mistakes in my storage and then readying of the machine this past year. First I didn't drain the gas and there was likely a 1/2 tank in there for the 9 months. My second mistake was when I put in old gas (6-7months old) to top off the tank about a month ago.

It surprisingly started up well when needed this past weekend but quickly it started to sound as if it was misfiring without a constant engine output. I pushed through and used it for about 5-10 min before this inconsistent and progressively weaker sounding engine stopped. Since then I haven't been able to get it started.

So far I have:

Drained the gas and emptied the carburetor
Put in new fuel

I tried to start it a handful of times without success. I have looked at the spark plug and it does appear to be oily or gas saturated, so does the exhaust pipe area.

Any help or ideas are appreciated,

Art

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try spraying some carb cleaner directly into the cylinder and see if it will fire. If it pops, but doesn’t stay running, I bet you will have to remove the carb and give it a good cleaning. Probably all gummed up jets.

Fox12

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you can get it, use only ethanol-free gasoline for your small engines like I do. I have to travel into the next county to get ethanol-free gasoline, but it's worth the trips. I add stabilizer into the gas can before filling it. I run our snow blower out of fuel each spring plus drain the carb. bowl as well. I prep all of my small engines for storage the same way and never have I had a carb. jet fouling issue. My oldest engine is a Briggs on a chipper that I bought in 1989. It even starts on the first or second pull each time after I remove it from storage for service..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a 2019 Toro 824 Power Max OE; model number 37798 that I was using the other day and it stopped on me and now wont start. I have had the snow blower for 2 winters and used it very sparingly. The last time I ran it was about 9 months ago and it ran fine. I made a few mistakes in my storage and then readying of the machine this past year. First I didn't drain the gas and there was likely a 1/2 tank in there for the 9 months. My second mistake was when I put in old gas (6-7months old) to top off the tank about a month ago.

It surprisingly started up well when needed this past weekend but quickly it started to sound as if it was misfiring without a constant engine output. I pushed through and used it for about 5-10 min before this inconsistent and progressively weaker sounding engine stopped. Since then I haven't been able to get it started.

So far I have:

Drained the gas and emptied the carburetor
Put in new fuel

I tried to start it a handful of times without success. I have looked at the spark plug and it does appear to be oily or gas saturated, so does the exhaust pipe area.

Any help or ideas are appreciated,

Art
Get a new plug .
Once they start to break down they can usualy not come good again because the insulators are no longer glazed .