Toro 6.5 recycler

Handcannon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Put new carb on mower this spring. Starts first pull but dies when trying to mow. Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What's the model number of the engine? usually stamped above the spark plug into the sheet metal or above the muffler.
it could be an issue with the carburetor you bought, if it was a cheap one from EBay or Amazon. do you have good fuel flow from the Tank to carburetor?

Handcannon

Forum Newbie
Threads
What's the model number of the engine? usually stamped above the spark plug into the sheet metal or above the muffler.
it could be an issue with the carburetor you bought, if it was a cheap one from EBay or Amazon. do you have good fuel flow from the Tank to carburetor?
Model 20016. Yes it came from Amazon. Don’t seem to have any obstruction from fuel tank to carb. Jets are clear.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Okay, before you replaced the carb, was it doing the same thing, or would it not start at all?
carb should be replaced with Part 640303

Handcannon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would not start without starting fluid before changing carb but once it started it ran ok. Now it starts right up but dies under load.

Charlie8d

Threads
I have the same mower . I replaced the exact carb with a cheap one from eBay. Pump bulb & it starts but dies after a few seconds. I pump the bulb every few seconds to keep it from dying. Then, it kept running. I readjusted the carb & it is fine now.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Best to clean the OEM carb. Those Chinese clones are not 100% cloned. They are hit and miss.

slomo

Charlie8d

Threads
what carb adjustment did you do?
Adjust the one screw that you see between the air filter & the mounted carb. Like I mentioned, keep it running by pumping the bulb once every time it starts to die. I probably had to do that 15 times before it kept running by itself. You can remove the filter to adjust the carb.