Toro 4220 burn,s my grass.

Big Jim Lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
just brought a Toro 4220 picked up stick,s on my one acre then cut . Next day I had 50 place,s 12"X 18" that my grass had turned brown. MY brand new Toro burnt my grass and killed it. Called Toro and told them what happen, there reply was " it does'nt kill the grass just turns it brown". Next they came back with "did you read your manual, it say,s not to stop in one place for to long. I would never had picked that mower had I read that. And it already had the "HEAT SHIELD" on it. What to do with a bad mower?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Does it have an exhaust gas deflector installed?. It different than a heat shield and would deflect the exhaust to one side or to rear of the mower assuming this is a ZTR.

Big Jim Lee

Forum Newbie
Threads
The heat shield IS the deflector If I add a elbow to kick it to the side will it void my warranty ? Can't hurt to try mower is no good to me as is. Thank's

Mower King

Threads
The heat shield IS the deflector If I add a elbow to kick it to the side will it void my warranty ? Can't hurt to try mower is no good to me as is. Thank's
You might be able to build / add a shield under it, that way you would have 2 shields.