Toro 22" recycler Ignition Module

ken(toronto)

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower will not start. No spark. Traced to solid State Ignition Module. However, tested coil with multi-meter, 3 K ohms; this is supposed to be good.
Could module be bad, even if multi-meter tested it to be supposedly "good" reading? Everything else is fine, grounding, spark plug, flywheel/ignition coil gap.......but no spark!

Ken

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What engine do you have? Briggs? Kohler? Tecumseh?Kawasaki?
There isn't an accurate way that I know of to test new ignition modules with the trigger chip inside of them, as that affects the readings given. The best way is to unplug the kill wire that goes to the coil, and then check for spark. If no spark with kill wire unplugged, and module. Replace it. If it does spark with the wire unplugged, there is a short somewhere grounding the coil.

ken(toronto)

Forum Newbie
Threads
What engine do you have? Briggs? Kohler? Tecumseh?Kawasaki?
There isn't an accurate way that I know of to test new ignition modules with the trigger chip inside of them, as that affects the readings given. The best way is to unplug the kill wire that goes to the coil, and then check for spark. If no spark with kill wire unplugged, and module. Replace it. If it does spark with the wire unplugged, there is a short somewhere grounding the coil.

Thanks for the reply. Tecumseh engine. It's the module then, as I disconnected the kill switch wire but still no spark.