Toro 22" 60V Recycler mower blade

slinger2

Threads
Anyone notice that the blade on the new Toro 22" 60V recycler (model 21466) only measures 21 1/4" long? That's not a 22" mower. Has anyone tried any other blades on this mower? Most blades up to 21 3/4" long will fit as long as they have a 7/16" dia. center hole, and as long as the blade sail (or "gator" blade teeth) don't hit the black drive belt cover under the deck.
Most battery mower blades are made of thinner material and typically have very little lift (not much angle to the blade sail) to put less strain on the motor which is probably to help increase battery run time. If you have plenty of batteries to do the job I wonder if other blades could be used to improve the cut, mulching, suction, bagging or discharge performance of the mower. With the short, low lift stock atomic blade my Toro leaves a trail of grass on the right side of the deck on some occasions, and the mulching action does not cut the grass into very small pieces. Anyone tried any other blades? Results?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Part of the modern trend of fake labeling
No AYP 42" deck will cut 42" either as it has 2 x 21" blades that overlap by 1/4" so they are really 41.5" decks
Even cheapskates like MTD actually cut the full advertised deck with/
Another reason why I recommend people never buy any Husqvarna mower ( and all the clones )

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Blades are measured on the diagonal.

Just wait until find that Stihl chainsaw bars are not the length they claim they are either. Kinda hard to cut a 18 inch log with a 17 inch bar in a single pass.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Blades are measured on the diagonal.

actually that makes sense, leading edge to leading edge.

jesse_c

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put my Husqvarna 21" (LC221AH) blade on top of my Toro '22"' 21466 blade. Measuring diagonally, the Husqvarna blade is exactly 21". The Toro blade in my mower is 20 15/16".

I'm in the process of dropping another 21466 powerhead onto the Husqvarna, so in a way this will make the conversion much simpler since I can just use the 21466 blade as is, but at the same time... WTF toro, that's definitely a 21" blade.

Even the factory description says it's a 21 inch blade:
1657626743923.png

jesse_c

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also have a bunch of parts I took off a 22" husqvarna with a rusted deck... the blade from that definitely fits in the 21466 deck (but it uses a star drive blade adapter, not the toro bends, so i can't test run it)