Toro 20371 Recycler 22 Mower

Cardinal89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can assist me with. I'm dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to mowers! I have a Toro (Model #20371) Recycler Walk-Behind mower that I bought from Home Depot in 2014. I desperately need to do some maintenance on it, so I'm looking up the kit to use. I am in the 313000001-313999999 serial no. range. On toro's website, it says that I need the kit with model # 130-8141. This leads me to my question: the air filter on my mower is the foam element, but the kit comes with a paper filter. I can't find dimensions for it anywhere, so I am wondering if this will fit and work on my version of the 20371.

Thanks in advance for any help/info!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The paper filter replaced the foam filter, due to problems Kohler had with them. Just wondering if you need a full kit? If your blade is good, I would just have it sharpen and pickup these individual parts. Paper filter is Kohler number 14 083 19. Spark plug Kohler number 14 132 11. Oil any good 30W oil, brand is up to you. Take the blade to your local shop for sharpening and buy your parts there. You may pay about the same as the kit, but you can ask them any questions you have and build a relationship with them in case you have a question down the road.

Cardinal89

Forum Newbie
Threads
The paper filter replaced the foam filter, due to problems Kohler had with them. Just wondering if you need a full kit? If your blade is good, I would just have it sharpen and pickup these individual parts. Paper filter is Kohler number 14 083 19. Spark plug Kohler number 14 132 11. Oil any good 30W oil, brand is up to you. Take the blade to your local shop for sharpening and buy your parts there. You may pay about the same as the kit, but you can ask them any questions you have and build a relationship with them in case you have a question down the road.
Thanks Rivets, that is very helpful! I actually don't need a new blade, but for $35 it seemed like a good deal to just knock it all out since I've slacked on maintenance for about 5 years. I also couldn't find the individual part numbers, just the kit. Now that you've provided those I think I'll go that route!

Cardinal89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Rivets!

Got a chance to look the filter and spark plug up. It looks like the numbers have a "-S" on the end. I assume this is insignificant/interchangeable, but do you happen to know for sure?

They are marked at a good price on Amazon if so:
Paper filter - https://smile.amazon.com/Kohler-Genuine-14-083-19-S-Filter-XT149/dp/B07H6PJRW7
Spark Plug - https://smile.amazon.com/Kohler-14-132-11-S-Spark/dp/B07B3T1D1T

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
“S” means the style of packaging, don’t worry about it.