Tires Unavailable

firemediceric

Threads
I need replacement tires for my old Toro walk-behind. Seems this tire size, 14x5.0-6, is as rare as hen’s teeth. A Toro dealer said he can get me the tires for $78 each plus tax.

That price seems ridiculous to me. That’s just for the tire. Not a rim/wheel.

As far as other vendors, I find only a tire this size which ships from China. The tread on that is not for a lawnmower but rather an aggressive off road looking tread.

I’m just about at a loss. Thoughts of getting rid of an otherwise fine mower just for lack of tires. The vendor mentioned above did state the other parts for this mower have become obsolete and are no longer available. This is the frustration of maintaining my equipment well so it has longevity.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So you can get a better mower for less than $ 156 can you ?
would you throw away your car because the tyres were too expensive ?
A thye, like a blade is a service item that needs to be replaced.
Divide that $ 78 by the years the mower has run and suddenly it becomes less than a stick of chewing gum

firemediceric

Threads
So you can get a better mower for less than $ 156 can you ?
would you throw away your car because the tyres were too expensive ?
A thye, like a blade is a service item that needs to be replaced.
Divide that $ 78 by the years the mower has run and suddenly it becomes less than a stick of chewing gum
I get your point and I agree. My concern, albeit admittedly exaggerated, is which obsolete part will need replacing next.
My bigger rant is how crazy I find it that the particular size tire is so rare.

mmoffitt

Threads
it costs money to do anything...even cutting the lawn..or you could pay MORE money to someone to do it for you? Be well!