Time cutter 4235cuts out when handles are pulled in

Johnterl

Forum Newbie
Threads

My Toro TimeCutter SS4235 dies when handles are pulled in. I replaced PTO switch, brake control module,seat switch and both neutral safety switches on the arms. I have read that Toro issued a service bulletin on Inspecting the brake rods and pivot point for burs - ( Service Bulletin CNZ #31). Does anyone have this service bulletin and or pictures that would show the type of burs that would cause the machine to die out.​

Jimmyw56

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Time cutter 4235cuts out when handles are pulled in
I feel stupid to admit this, but.
I was pulling a tank in the pasture spraying the fence line when the mower dies. It would start and I had the problem described above.
I started looking at everything I could think of and watched several videos on the problem. I was ready to go get a trailer and take it to the shop when I decided to take one more look around the mower.
A small stick was hanging down under the mower and it was hard to pull out.
Bottom line… it was a stick that wedged up under the mower and had locked the brake linkage in the locked position.
After I pulled it out, the mower worked normally.
Sort of reminded me of the time I replaced the fuel pump on my 1979 Chevy only to find out I was out of gas and the gauge showed 1/4 of a tank because the fuse had blown and the gauge stayed at 1/4 tank.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Time cutter 4235cuts out when handles are pulled in
glad you found it
Not the first time something like that has happened