Tilted?

Brandipit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I have a craftsman with Briggs and straton engine and it just recently started dying when it finally starts. After changing the fuel and fuel line, the bulb hose and cleaning the carburetor the only way it will start and stay running is if it tilted back to where the handle is almost touching the ground. When I put it down to mownit immediately shuts off. Also it won't start without a carburetor spray. HELP!! im at my wits end with this thing. BTW the fuel has been changed out and the oil is full and clean

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Time to remove and rebuild the carb. Float is closing too soon, not allowing enough fuel to enter the float bowl.

Brandipit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I have a craftsman with Briggs and straton engine and it just recently started dying when it finally starts. After changing the fuel and fuel line, the bulb hose and cleaning the carburetor the only way it will start and stay running is if it tilted back to where the handle is almost touching the ground. When I put it down to mow it immediately shuts off. Also it won't start without a carburetor spray. HELP!! im at my wits end with this thing. BTW the fuel has been changed out and the oil is full and clean

Time to remove and rebuild the carb. Float is closing too soon, not allowing enough fuel to enter the float bowl.
Is this the only solution? Its only 2 years old

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That’s what I would be doing!! I’ll bet the unit was stored off season with fuel in the tank and bowl?? Have seen this happening within a year, especially with old fuel store in the unit. Only my opinion though.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
you can either buy
594636KIT, Carburetor Overhaul | (Service Kits may include extra parts not specific to this engine.)
1622065476239.png
Or just the needle, (which is viton (Rubber) tipped and does not appear to use a replaceable seat, unless that is what is pictured directly above the needle in the diagram.

VALVE, Float Needle

I would also check the float to be sure there is not a hole in it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now that I’ve got the numbers, I’m going to change my opinion. That carb uses an integrated jet assembly, where the most likely cause is that one of the jets is plugged. Still need to remove, clean and rebuild.

Brandipit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now that I’ve got the numbers, I’m going to change my opinion. That carb uses an integrated jet assembly, where the most likely cause is that one of the jets is plugged. Still need to remove, clean and rebuild.
Well crap!! Thanks everyone for your input.