Throttle stuck open on YTH22v46

crobertson521

Forum Newbie
Threads
Replaced my carb on my husqvarna YTH22v46 having an issue with the linkage the throttle arm is pulling at the carb keeping it open regardless of throttle position. Any help much appreciated I’m at a wits end, The choke closes fine but its like the throttle arm just doesn't push up enough to close the throttle on the carb. Maybe I got the linkage wrong? I can provide more pictures if it helps.

xbomohsw12o41.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Throttle plate doesn't close unless the engine is running. So is it not closing with the engine running?

crobertson521

Forum Newbie
Threads
Throttle plate doesn't close unless the engine is running. So is it not closing with the engine running?
Well that makes me feel super smart, can you tell I'm new to working on small engines :D. it didn't the first time, but I think I had the linkage wrong, I'm not 100% sure on how the linkage is supposed to fit, I'll upload another picture in a minute of how the linkage is done.

crobertson521

Forum Newbie
Threads
so new development I put it all together and when I start it on cholke it fires up full boar and starts to choke out, then when I open the throttle regardless of where it is its just petal to the metal and when I try to move it by hand it fights me so hard I can't get it to close for throttling it down, its like the governor or something is wrong with the Carb its idle is like full boar and if I move the butterfly valve it just amps it up to levels I've never heard it go to before.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then either you linkages wrong or the static governor adjustment is off.

crobertson521

Forum Newbie
Threads
Then either you linkages wrong or the static governor adjustment is off.
Is there a diagram or picture of how it should be done on this mower like a moron i took it off without taking a picture and not 100% sure on how it goes back on. I've looked for days with no success here is how it is right now.
85CB17A3-27AF-4EFC-844D-34C5DD02988F.jpeg
756BD9A1-B35A-43DF-B8C2-81DC96C2A6AC.jpeg

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just closed the shop up for today and the week. I also just got through rebuilding on a very similar Briggs carburetor here. I just wish the shop teacher had left it alone. He has no business teaching small engine repair as bad he screw the engine here. I got to do dymatic governor adjustment since bent everything try to stop the runaway when it was just where he crimped the throttle linkage so much that it jammed at full throttle.

crobertson521

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just closed the shop up for today and the week. I also just got through rebuilding on a very similar Briggs carburetor here. I just wish the shop teacher had left it alone. He has no business teaching small engine repair as bad he screw the engine here. I got to do dymatic governor adjustment since bent everything try to stop the runaway when it was just where he crimped the throttle linkage so much that it jammed at full throttle.
Yeah I'm a complete novice but figured if I could handle a fuel pump replacement on my 2001 F150 that I might stand a chance at getting this done. I think I just screwed the governor adjustment up and that linkage is backwords and I'll be in good shape. It's a great little engine though I've had it for 6 years and this is the first time I've had to do anything other than oil and other basics.