throttle problem tb30r

Daveintx

Threads
'21 model year. Throttle cable moving but not engaging carb. Looks like all the linkage is
there but mower runs about 3/4 speed all the time. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram or picture of what the linkage should look like?

Last edited:

Joed756

Threads
Try a search using the engine model number.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The throttle cable does not move the carb
It stretches the governor spring
The governor spring is attached to the governor arm
The governor arm is attached to the carburettor throttle plate
The governor arm CLOSES down the throttle plate when the engine is spinning
When the engine is stationary the governor arm allows the throttle plate to be open fully so moving your throttle control does not make the carb throttle plate move.
This confuses a lot of people who thing the mower throttle is the same as a car or motorcycle throttle where the pedal directly controls the position of the throttle butterfly
It is fairly common place for the governor spring to stretch so when you close the throttle control on the dash the spring falls off .

Now hat is your EXACT problem
Please describe the symptoms fully .

Daveintx

Threads
The throttle cable does not move the carb
It stretches the governor spring
The governor spring is attached to the governor arm
The governor arm is attached to the carburettor throttle plate
The governor arm CLOSES down the throttle plate when the engine is spinning
When the engine is stationary the governor arm allows the throttle plate to be open fully so moving your throttle control does not make the carb throttle plate move.
This confuses a lot of people who thing the mower throttle is the same as a car or motorcycle throttle where the pedal directly controls the position of the throttle butterfly
It is fairly common place for the governor spring to stretch so when you close the throttle control on the dash the spring falls off .

Now hat is your EXACT problem
Please describe the symptoms fully .
My mower started running rough with the blade engaged. I tried all the obvious (checked plug, fuel filter, air filter, drain plug removed at bottom of carb to check flow) with no luck. Accidentally stumbled across the problem which turned out to be the pto or blade engage switch which I replaced. Now it runs smooth but only at one speed. I can't see any missing linkage or other problems. The throttle cable moves but will not move the governor. There is a spring connecting the two. The spring/rod combination between the governor and throttle plate is also there. I can move the governor and throttle plate with my finger. I cannot find a diagram of what the linkage should look like.