Throttle cable linkage?

Kevin Baker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a brand new B & S 35 hp Vangaurd and I'm not sure how the to attach the throttle cable. It looks like it connects to the left back of the engine where the little Philips head screw holds the cable housing, but it looks like that closes the butterfly not opening it?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The throttle cable does not connect directly to the carburettor .
It connects to the governor arm and the governor arm connects to the carburettor .
I would love to show you exactly how it is done but I have no idea which one of the 874 Vanguard engines you have .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most of these are setup for either a pusher or puller throttle cables. Actually just need move the clamp depending which your mower needs.

But as Bert said we need the engine numbers.

Kevin Baker

Forum Newbie
Threads
The throttle cable does not connect directly to the carburettor .
It connects to the governor arm and the governor arm connects to the carburettor .
I would love to show you exactly how it is done but I have no idea which one of the 874 Vanguard engines you have .
I know it doesn't connect to the carb. Exactly where on the governor linkage. I'll post a pic of the back of it. I see where it looks like it goes, but that seems to hold the carb closed not open it?

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 15

Kevin Baker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know it doesn't connect to the carb. Exactly where on the governor linkage. I'll post a pic of the back of it. I see where it looks like it goes, but that seems to hold the carb closed not open it?

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 6

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You will need puller throttle cable and not a pusher.

I would assume the once a Z bend is on the cable go in the hole indicated by the red arrow.
313477 throttle.png