thinking of buying a new mower need suggestions

Albuddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi guys, I would like some suggestions and thoughts - right now I have a Craftsman DGS6500 with 54" mower that's been cutting like a champ but it's getting tired so have done some research and have a hard time deciding between 2 mowers
they are the Husqvarna TS 354XD and Cub Cadet XT2 GX544, our lawn, about 5.5 acres, isn't flat with some hills and a mean ditch on both sides of the driveway.
I would like to hear some thoughts! thanks in advance. I tried my son's ZTR and that didn't work at all so back to tractors...

henryn

Forum Newbie
Threads
You're mowing "mean ditches" with a ride on tractor/mower? I have some mean ditches around here, and there is way they could be mowed with a ZTR or tractor or what-have-you. The only thing that works, in my experience, is a heavy duty string trimmer. If you know something I don't, please share it with us. I really don't like using a string trimmer, would much rather be riding along ...

Albuddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
yep, from the bottom of up the ditch and come out on the road, if i try to ride sideways, I'm almost sitting on the tire and trying to stay on the seat also to keep the tractor running darn safety switches!!!

tennred

Forum Newbie
Threads
You could use a herbicide on the ditches, or weedeater. I have hills too, I bought a Cub Cadet ZT2 50 in. cut 23 hp. Kawasaki engine, 2800 hydrostatic trans. has filters to change trans. fluid . It really cuts great, and fast, well built mower,seat has arm rest and comfortable. For a zero turn it handles very well. But sometimes zt's are not what you need,and a lawn tractor is. Get what you need, just wanted to let you know about the ZT2 , does good on side hills compared to my mom's RZT 50 Cub .