The mysterious case of the missing bacon

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last night I cooked a lot of chicken on the grill. I always put bacon on the side to cook while the main food is cooking. Well, last night, my fire (charcoal) started cooling off before the bacon was cooked. So when I took the chicken off, I put the 5 pieces of bacon over the few remaining coals, closed the lid and went inside.
Well, I forgot about the bacon. This morning I remembered it, and went to get it. All but 1 piece was missing.
There are holes in the bottom the grill. But very small. Smaller than a coke can. The grate it is diamond cut with even smaller holes. So the only thing that could get in there would be a mouse. But I have a cat in the garage at night. And have not seen any signs of a mouse in months. And it's been pretty cold up until the last few weeks.

This is quite the mystery. Especially since the lid is pretty heavy.

Do you believe in ghosts? Or better yet, do ghosts get hungry. If so, I was nice of them to leave me at least one piece.

mcostello

Threads
Any other humans around? :)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I left you a piece. didn't feel right taking all of it. looked in the fridge but the beer wasn't my brand.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It wasn't me as it had to be Prime Rib for me to bother sneaking in for it. Currently BBQing one the neighbor's pesky kids.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Sorry, i smelled it all the way down here and had to sniff it out...........

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I left you a piece. didn't feel right taking all of it. looked in the fridge but the beer wasn't my brand.

Well thanks for just taking the bacon. And not the tools, new stihl chainsaw and weedeaters, mowers and parts.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry, i smelled it all the way down here and had to sniff it out...........

If you BBQ with charcoal, I'm telling ya, throw some bacon on that grill just out of reach from the coals. You'll thank me later.