the Murphy's Law week in review

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Update on elbow. If nothing changes will be having distal bicep reattachment surgery after the first of the year. Then will start my 4 month vacation.
IF it is going to work then go for it
Times like this makes me very grateful we have universal health care down here.
Take it easy, do the rehab & don't rush yourself
It has been 18 months since the RA crippled me and despite regularly challenging the body & doing all of the exercises the grip strength is less that 1/2 the pre RA and increasing very slowly , forearms are just over 1/2 & legs and just about as good as I can expect according to the occupational therapist .
We don't heal any where near as fast as we age so it is easy to say "what the heck" , turn on the TV and get caught in that downward spiral .
Good luck

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
IF it is going to work then go for it
Times like this makes me very grateful we have universal health care down here.
Take it easy, do the rehab & don't rush yourself
It has been 18 months since the RA crippled me and despite regularly challenging the body & doing all of the exercises the grip strength is less that 1/2 the pre RA and increasing very slowly , forearms are just over 1/2 & legs and just about as good as I can expect according to the occupational therapist .
We don't heal any where near as fast as we age so it is easy to say "what the heck" , turn on the TV and get caught in that downward spiral .
Good luck
With this surgery and recovery. Taking your time is the name of the game. One week of wearing a cast or locked arm brace. Five weeks of the lockable arm brace that is set to limit arm movement to avoid tearing the bicep tendon loose again while stretching the tendon back out to reach full arm straightening because it takes 6 weeks for the tendon to start to grow back into the bone and couple more weeks to be fully attached. Then at least another 6 weeks of rehab to strengthen the muscles before being turned loose for full use. Without this tendon repair I could be very limited in being able to lift anything palm up or tightening anything that resembles turning a doorknob. Up to 60% lose of strength is possible

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Know where you are coming from but it is a no real choice option.
I have found that at 70 I have to double all of the projected recovery times which I am sure are for 30 year old footballers

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea gettig old, does slow down things. Like healing. Hang in there.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
T+12 12 hours post surgery Typing with left hand Nerve block for about another 12+ hours. Can't sleep. numb arm almost worse than pain. Doc told nephew no work for 3 months. Told nephew that he was glad I pushed surgery due to edema was filling damaged tendon muscle area causing further damage.