tecumseh mower been played with setting for linkages

angellonewolf

Threads
  • / tecumseh mower been played with setting for linkages
20200603_092414 small.jpg20200603_142652 small.jpg

this i recived non working itsd been played with as there was a few nuts and bolts missing from around the carb exhaust area so before i got it

bit of info to help i removed the carb and gave a quick clean and replaced cheaked the oil was at the right level took off the exhaust put new fuel and with the exhaust off put on the ground and gave a couple of pulls it started run for 10 or so seconds i stoped it as was early on a night dont want to upset the nextdoors
put back on the bench added the exhaust and a few of other bits was going ion for tea pulled it over would not start went back to where it was before and its never started since

before cheaking a bit more (i know i need to do a bit more to the carb) but want to cheak the linkages on the carb and and the govaner spring and bar is attched in the right way to me it looks wrong as it seams a bit twisted and does not sit as i would expect even after a good bit of google searching i cant find this exact engine lay out or pic of the way it all should be attached

engine sticker number van 148 e-36142d

thanks for any help

angellonewolf

Threads
20200603_142652 small.jpg

its this bit that dont seam right its looks a bit of a made up bit as the pdf does not show any thing like this in the linkages they all seam to be attacted to a plate that is bolted on the top of the 2 long uprights

could this metal have been just put on wrong ? or mounted in a differant pleace or mounted a differant way ?

upupandaway

Threads
View attachment 52723

could this metal have been just put on wrong ?

No. That's normal. My Ariens has one. It is just that the motor has a fixed speed. The old H60's and the like with vary speed would be screwed down to the 2 vertical holes in your pic.
When u get it running, bend this tab in or out to adjust the engine speed.

angellonewolf

Threads
It's just that the metal cant really be adjusted it's got no movement there if it was mounted vertical up you could then move it

Is it possable to have a pic of your ariens mower carb set up at all ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are not supposed to adjust it that is the whole point of a fixed speed engine.

upupandaway

Threads
You are not supposed to adjust it that is the whole point of a fixed speed engine.
If it is running at the correct speed, true. Let the owner decide that.

"cant really be adjusted"
It is sheet metal, not a block of steel. it can be adjusted.

angellonewolf

Threads
trying to find the time to have a go at the carb again as im thinking its still that thats the problem but if this way is the right way just out of intrest if i put the metal vertical that would give me some ajustment would that work ?as long as the spring and bar does not fowl the other spring and bar

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So why are you so obsessed about adjusting the speed ?
The bracket was most likely square on the the flange originally so you might like to take it off and give it a tap with a hammer.

angellonewolf

Threads
just want to get the bracket out of the equation when trying to see why the mower does not work

its miffed me as it started once but not again