Tecumseh Carburetor

Lockheed

Threads
Does the metal primer tube on a 632370a carburetor press in or screw in?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
when i type that part number in it comes up as a Choke type carburetor and not a primer type.
1613843759871.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Scrub the carbs for the snow thrower engines had both a choke and a primer. To the OP I would say they are probably a press in type connector but not 100% sure, that fitting could also be the breather for float bowl. Can't plug it off if so.

Lockheed

Threads
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure it is for priming. I am trying to put this on a generator instead of a snowblower. I was thinking about plugging it or taking it out and put a set screw in it. I have had the generator since it was new about 20 years and have never liked how it runs because of the non adjustable carb. Just looking at alternatives.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you sure that the engine will fit the generator? Most generators have an external threaded crankshaft and snowblowers use a key way or tapped crankshaft.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Are you sure that the engine will fit the generator? Most generators have an external threaded crankshaft and snowblowers use a key way or tapped crankshaft.
I think he means swapping the carb to the gen engine.

upupandaway

Threads
I was thinking about plugging it or taking it out and put a set screw in it.
You can test it to find out if it also is a breather.
If this is where a 3/32" tube connects, I had a few of them - blowers and Ariens mower. All of mine they act as breather also.
I think car parts store has a cap you could put on it but if it is like mine, you would need to leave it open for the float to work properly.