TC300 Spark But No Fire

rebelyell

Threads
New spark plug and gapped to 0.030". Confirmed I have spark. When I spray a little carb cleaner in the carb it doesn't hit. No fire at all. I pulled the flywheel and checked to make sure the key wasn't sheared and it was not. I'm guessing that I'm not going to have compression. Anybody else think that's it? Something I missed?

rebelyell

Threads
110 PSI on the compression test. I am now completely stumped.

rebelyell

Threads
For anyone interested, don't try to use the Gunk brand carb cleaner to start engines. It is not a good substitute for fuel mixture. Sprayed a fuel mix in the carb and it fired right up.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Slip the carb off turn it sideways and blow air through it
High volume low pressure is best
Put something on the engine side and check it is being wetted by atomised fuel .
I like to use some kitchen paper towel then put a match to it
If it does not burst into flames your fuel is bad .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
For anyone interested, don't try to use the Gunk brand carb cleaner to start engines. It is not a good substitute for fuel mixture. Sprayed a fuel mix in the carb and it fired right up.
I have always figure if engine can't attempt to start on the fuel that it is intended to run on something it wrong with the engine. Starter fluids have higher flamability therefore only used a starting aid. Even then used sparely as washes away the lubricating oils. Matter of fact some engine especially diesels can get addicted to it.