TB635EC Carburetor/fuel tank, primer bulb connections

garyr1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / TB635EC Carburetor/fuel tank, primer bulb connections
I'm confused, which lines connect to which nipples. My primer bulb has three nipples. One marked "in", one marked "P", and on marked "9". Help!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here is what I found while searching this crazy primer bulb.

Quote from IFIXIT Forum posted on Nov 30, 2022 by Jimmy McDaniel

"I found to get it to work proper the N - (IN) port on the Primer/Purge Bulb goes to the short straight port on the top of the carb while the P port from the bulb goes to the elbow port on the bottom of the carb. The only other port on the carb is the main fuel line and goes direct through the hole at the top of the gas tank with the gas filter on its end...it doesn't even go to the bulb. The last port on the bulb is the return line.... is usually the longest port on the bulb (normally a green tube) and goes directly to the gas tank return port bypassing the carb completely and goes through the other of the two holes on the top of the gas tank top."

I file it here in my MTD Directory as most likely being my luck I get now.

Note: Primer bulb is PN 753-08319.

garyr1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply. The information helped me get the carburetor/primer bulb/fuel tank connected properly. The engine fired up easily and ran perfectly. The only problem I had was seeing the "N" and "P" on the bottom of the primer bulb. A bright light and/or a magnifying glass is needed to see them.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You had me at nipples.