Taryl Fixes All: Intek Cam aftermarket kits

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I can add my experience with the after market camshafts.

First one would not even fit in the camshaft journals. Was able machine that .001 over to spec. I don't if it held as the customer die and his family sold the mower.
Second one installed fine but only made it one season before the ACR failed. Simply worn the ACR shaft into. Cheap soft metal.

At least I got 4 OEM camshafts in stock currently and I haven't seen any engine that needed lately.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once agin I will put my 2¢ worth in
I buy those cams direct from a factory in China , as single cams , not as a kit .
These were bought through Made in China which puts you in direct contact with the factory , not a nameless faceless vendor who probably does not exist except on a computer screen
I had to buy 20 of them, minimum order & when freight was added they were about 2/3 the wholesale price of the genuine boxed B & S part which made them slightly under 1/2 the retail price from discount parts suppliers .
I sold 10 on Gumtree ( Craigs list alternative down here ) and have fitted 6 of the remaining 10 over the past 3 years without a single failure .
When the genuine B & S cam finally arrived it too came without anything else other than the cam
The previous B & S one came with the followers so I assumed since the bankruptcy they are cutting costs
The followers are not really needed to be replaced unless excessively worn and that never happens to these cams because the ACR always fails first .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Never say never...As I had two in the last three years with exhaust lobe worn nearly round.

Our problem here in the states appears to be we are the dumping grounds for defective Made in China parts.

As I said I only fitted two with one having to machined to fit. One has a unknown history due the owners death and the other failed miserably due to soft metal. Having to cover the cost of replacement is not fun.

And also think I figured why these ACRs are failing so much. It due to play in the ACR mounting. Even it is fully retracted the pin still leans out enough to be constantly being hit by the tappet and the constant movement is weakening the D shape pin until it breaks off. You can only flex a piece of metal so much before it breaks off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not so uch a dumping ground as a big market of idiots brainwashed that modern technology will perpetually deliver them cheaper products
I have the same problems down here

The $ 50 "High energy" starters that are only 2 pole so burn out the solenoids & fry stators because they drain batteries before finally burning out
Same defective carbs
It is just we are 30,000,000 any you are 350,000,000 so I can make a lot more money by getting Ammozone to distribute defective products in the USA as I can in Aust
And we still have proper consumer laws so if some one makes a complaint against a vendor on Ammozone our consumer cop can & do impound all of their stock to ensure it complies with Aust standards and is of a "merchandizable quality".
If some one is found to be selling defective parts, not advertised as being QC rejects then they do get fined and the stock confisigated
On top of that there is a manditory 12 month warranty on all retailed goods and Ammozone lost their case claiming they were not a retailer.
Evilpay won their claim to be an auction site thus "as is " "where is" applies but again if you bought them as rejects you have to list them as rejects .