Talk about stupid.....

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I saw a video on the Taryl fixes all FaceBook Group (member only)... I'll try my best to describe it...
A Z turn mower, rather large deck... spinning around in circles, full speed... blades appear to be engaged with no operator. after about 1 minute they got it shut down.
I imagine a safety device was disabled.
This a screenshot of the video... i'll leave the rest up to your imagination, as that will probably be pretty close to reality.
1624471516041.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Next video up is the same idiotic mowing in reverse LOL. Can't imagine what that was all about. Lucky no kids were playing in the yard. Course kids these days are inside the house on facebook. My day we would of been out in the yard playing football or rumbling with the other neighbor kids.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wonder if this was that guy that was on here asking about disabling his safety switches? Remember him? He said just for kicks and grins? I don't get it.....

slomo

MowManWV

Threads
Uncle of mine disabled his riding mower's seat safety disconnect (or whatever you call it). Then he proceeded to roll his mower over into a ravine of some sort. He told us how he was "trying to get away from that thing as it tumbled down the bank after him."

My father still ties his push mower brake lever down.........I've been mowing with a push mower for pay for about three years now. I have not nor will I tie down my safety brake.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking at the picture again, the seat and handlebars were disabled.

Handlebars have a safety switch right? Reason you lift up vertically when stopping?

If so not one but two were hijacked.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the seat switch disabled, and the parking brake off the mower would think somebody was in the seat driving the mower. If that is a Gravely then move lever out to lock position switches. Just parking and seat switch for operator presence.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
A number of years ago was in a hurry to finish a family members yard as a huge thunderstorm was fast approaching. I was on my Simplicity Broadmoor & was mowing back & forth in forward & reverse & backed too fast down a two foot embankment. Nose of tractor was almost vertical then came down with me pinned under left side of tractor. GOD was with me as I didn't have a scratch. I asked GOD for help after regaining my senses & he helped me crawl out from under tractor on gravel driveway. My SAFETY switches worked & shut down tractor. After I stood up I needed to get tractor upright, so I asked GOD for strength to get tractor of 600lbs. off of its left side & back on four wheels. I grabbed steering wheel & with all my strength was able to get her upright, TO GOD BE THE GLORY. I checked oil level which was good & looked her over & cranked her up & finished the mowing. I did not tell my wife or sons for several years because I would not have been allowed to mow without supervision again in helping family member out at no charge to them due to circumstances.

Last edited:

MowManWV

Threads
Mark,

Glad you gave the Right Person credit. :)(y)