T3200 either moves well are won't at all

Rocky Dyscmiester

Forum Newbie
Threads
A little background, our volunteer group had a relatively new T3200, with Hydrostatic Transmission donated. When I picked it up, I was told I'd have to change the axel seals, which I did. They were very greasy, but no fluid leaked out. When I picked it up, it drove well onto my truck and at the park, it drove well, no issues. Since then the transmission did not go, even though I can hear the belts engaging. After changing the seals, it worked great. Then the next time we went to use it, no movement again. This model has no easy method of checking the fluid level. I've since removed the deck for better access, but don't see anything wrong. So it seems, at times, to fully engage and at others no engagement, but sounds right. What should I look at?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
First check bypass rod at backside of tractor making sure it is pushed in all the way. Next locate transaxle Make, Model & Serial #'s & post a picture with your phone or post information. You may have to remove plate a backside of tractor to see transaxle sticker or tag. Use a piece of wood ( 2x4 ) between jack & transaxle since housing is aluminum. Scotch block front wheels & jack up rear axle & place on jack stands. SAFETY FIRST: Make sure helper stays clear of rotating tires. You will need a helper when bleeding air from transaxle. With engine running operate forward & reverse pedals while helper is engaging & disengaging bypass rod at back of tractor every 10 seconds. Take your time with this procedure & increase engine throttle every 30 seconds. After purging air from transaxle, remove jack stands & lower rear tires to floor. Remove seat deck assy. to gain access to top of transaxle reservoir & check fluid level. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If no fluid leaked out it is a sign the transaxle is very low on oil. You need to remove it and check the oil level and probably change it while it is out.