T-B Pony runs but wont move...

hdstonemeister

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a T-B Pony I picked up used. Not sure how old it is, but did not look used very much. I have used it for the past several months with no problems. Yesterday, I went to use it and I made one pass down my lawn, (about half an acre swath), across about 100 feet, then turned back up and got half way back up, (1/4 acre swath), and then it stopped moving. There was a smell of the belt burning. I quickly put on the break, then let off the break, but the mower won't move. It acts like it wants to move, then you smell the belt again. Any suggestions as to where to start to look??? Please help! I am a novice with mowers, but work on my car all the time so I can follow directions, if you make it plain what you want me to do. Thanks, in advance, for any help!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, you need to look at the belt.

We also will need to know the numbers off of the tag under/behind the seat.

Where in Ky. are you?

hdstonemeister

Forum Newbie
Threads
Think I have found out part of the problem. When I have it off, sitting still, (obviously), and release the break, the belt looks bad. I hope that is the only thing, or is there a reason that the belt would go bad besides it may be old?

hdstonemeister

Forum Newbie
Threads
The model # is 13AN77KG011. It is a Troy-Bilt Pony, not sure when it was manufactured, (is there a way to tell?). I live in Richmond, KY.

briggs

Threads
The model # is 13AN77KG011. It is a Troy-Bilt Pony, not sure when it was manufactured, (is there a way to tell?). I live in Richmond, KY.

A bad pulley could cause the belt to shred check them all to make sure they are not rusted or seized

hdstonemeister

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I will have to check all the belts and pullies when I do pull it apart. I looked at a video on Utube and it looks like I will have to pull a lot of things off just to get to the belts. Is there an easy way to replace the belts without having to dissemble the mower??? Also, I am not sure how long the tractor set either. Supposedly, the person bought it, found out it would not do the job, so he bought a bigger mower? Of course, my grandmother always said, "They say, is the biggest liar!"

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks fairly simple to remove the deck, just pull both rear quicklock assemblies and push forward to remove the front bracket, then you can get right there and see what the problem is.

hdstonemeister

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help. Once I get it apart, check things out, I will let you all know what I find. I don't get paid for a couple of weeks so it might be a while. Again, thanks for the help.