SX95: where does the purple wire connection get attached?

Alacarts

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / SX95: where does the purple wire connection get attached?
A friend took the starter and solenoid off our mower for us. Now I get to reassemble everything. This is a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm good at following directions in a manual. Off the bottom of the blade terminal on the solenoid is a connection with two purple wires. One is fairly short and has a length of black plastic tubing with 90 degree bend attached to it. Where does this go? You'd think it would be obvious...the wire can only reach within about a 2" radius, but I don't see anything obvious. My husband--who's good at this sort of thing--checked the wiring diagram and can't figure it out either.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are there four terminals on the solenoid? Two large on top, two small near bottom. If the answer is yes read on. One large terminal goes to positive battery. Other large terminal goes to the starter. On the large terminal to the battery you should have a second small wire going to the key switch. On one small terminal wire goes to the key switch also. The other small terminal is a ground and will go under the mounting bolt.

Are there three terminals on the solenoid? Two large on top, one small near bottom. If the answer is yes read on. One large terminal goes to positive battery. Other large terminal goes to the starter. On the large terminal to the battery you should have a second small wire going to the key switch. On the small terminal wire goes to the key switch also.

If this does not help tell us more and/or include a photo. Good luck.

oldyellr

Threads
2011-01-27_031900_sx75.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What type of connector does it have on the end. Flat spade, ring, fork spade, male bullet connector, female bullet connector, bare end? I am also confused and I am supposed to know this stuff. Maybe the other end with help me.

Captncavmn

Threads
Did you find out where it goes? Having the same issue