Suspension System

Chuter

Threads
Several of the newer models have or offer a suspension system. Have any of you used one of these? How well does it work? Is it worth the added cost? Any issues with lost traction or anything?

bkeller500

Threads
I have owned a Simplicity Conquest, a Simplicity Courier and now a Simplicity Courier XT.....all of them had 4-wheel suspension. In between the Conquest and the Courier XT I had a John Deere X590 with no suspension. From my experience the suspension systems are a valuable addition and can help smooth out the ride. After having it and then not ( The John Deere was much rougher riding o my 1.5 acre) and now that I have it again, I can definitely feel the difference after mowing. If the yard is rough and you mow too fast , your going to feel every hop and bump. But if you mow at a normal speed it suppresses a lot of those bumps and divots and makes the ride more comfortable. For real rough terrain or if I was mowing all day, I would also get a seat suspension system. As far as traction, I don't see how the suspension system would reduce traction. You are not going to lift the tires off the ground loosing contact with the ground. If you take a test ride on one with and one with-out you may not feel the difference right away. Mow for a hour or two and you will definitely feel the difference.