Surging and Leaking Carb

dnkjr

Threads
326431-0139-01-720927 B&S Engine.
Surges - I read that surging is usually due to not enough fuel. It does not improve by opening up the high speed needle.
Leaks fuel at the high speed needle - I have read that the nozzle must be screwed in very tight. I believe that the float and needle are working properly. Has anyone devised a gasket for the nozzle that fits into a tapered opening in the carb body?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
They claim to have but I yet to see one.

Here I would order Stens 520-630 (Briggs 394989) as the Briggs kit does not include the nozzle. Once you have the kit take to old out and grind most of threads off. Using fine valve grinding compound on the taper part reinsert the grind and polish the nozzle seat until it has the same finish all the way around. Clean and install the new nozzle.

To remove the nozzle use a straight side hollow ground flat blade bit. Anything else will just strip it out.

dnkjr

Threads
They claim to have but I yet to see one.

Here I would order Stens 520-630 (Briggs 394989) as the Briggs kit does not include the nozzle. Once you have the kit take to old out and grind most of threads off. Using fine valve grinding compound on the taper part reinsert the grind and polish the nozzle seat until it has the same finish all the way around. Clean and install the new nozzle.

To remove the nozzle use a straight side hollow ground flat blade bit. Anything else will just strip it out.
I had the same idea and have already tried the valve grinding compound. I guess this still would not guarantee that the new nozzle would match the taper. Thanks for your reply.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It going to be pretty darn close. I have had to leak afterwards but I only done about 10 of these leaky carburetors.