Striping kit size for Gravely ZT-X 52”

Dave3706

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a Gravely ZT-X 52” but can’t pick it up for a week... can anybody Tell me the inside wheel base from tire to tire??? unsure of the wheel base.

One third party site has a Checkmate 39” for the ZT-X and the actual Checkmate site they offer a 39” 42” and 45” for the ZT-X... But all sold out.

Thank you!

Ken22

Threads
I bought a ZTX 42 last year and put a piece of belting on the back of the deck. There are holes there. The day I put that belt on Gravely sent an email advertising basically the same as I put on. I don't think it will matter if the stripper you are looking at is wider than the distance between the wheels as it'll never press down harder than the wheels will. The 2020 model of ZTX has larger tires than my 2019 so I can't help you with the inside measurement. Resized_20190823_181713.jpeg

BPierce

Threads
I bought a ZTX 42 last year and put a piece of belting on the back of the deck. There are holes there. The day I put that belt on Gravely sent an email advertising basically the same as I put on. I don't think it will matter if the stripper you are looking at is wider than the distance between the wheels as it'll never press down harder than the wheels will. The 2020 model of ZTX has larger tires than my 2019 so I can't help you with the inside measurement. View attachment 52692
I use baler belt from TSC just like that. Less than $20 and it works as well as the $80 rubber from Ariens.

Ken22

Threads
Way back in the '80s I had a customer that sold belts of all kinds and I picked up a bunch of the end pieces they were throwing out. The belt I used was probably the closest to the door. I have to lower it a bit so I'll use a stiffer belt next time. That was my first attempt. Trial and error thing. I might put a push broom behind the belt also. Resized_20190823_181551.jpegThis is what I get now.

Graveszt48

Forum Newbie
Threads

BPierce

Threads

bullet bob

Threads
I've done the same thing, 'cept I bought the 7 or 8" size & cut it in half. Don't remember the size bolts I used but be sure to use some decent sized washers, on both sides.

Gunman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I had the same idea as Ken22, and stumbled in this thread looking for belt ideas. Now my question is, how high to I keep the bottom of the belt from the ground?

bullet bob

Threads
I set my deck to it's highest level & installed the belt so that it was just slightly above the floor. I'm talking 1/2". That was 4 years ago. Still going strong & great stripes.