Stilh MM55c tiller Ignition module?

rcglfr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently was given this unit by a friend that had no use for it. He said he had it running recently but we were not able to get it started. Since he did not know how old it was and I could see it still had the original carb I decided to order a new carb for it. I also want to replace the Ignition module but have been unable to locate one that looks exactly like mine. The part number is 4140 1304B (original Stihl). It has a blue and a black wire going to the module, but the only new ones I can find only have a single wire that attaches to the module. I cannot find any that have connectors for 2 wire, and they all show a part number 4140 1304 but no "B" at the end. I would appreciate any feedback on solutions or if anyone knows of an updated part number for this unit. TIA

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This is basically a FS55 power head. What you would have one kill terminal on the coil and a grounding tab on one of the mounting screws which the second wire is attached to.

MM55 coil.JPG

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also before starting to replace parts wholesale you should check that they are actually bad as it can get expense very fast with unnecessary part replacements.

Last edited: