Stihl BR 400 won't start

danfoster242

Forum Newbie
Threads
bought a Stihl BR 400 blower. won't start and won't fire at all. Cleaned Carb, Sprayed starting fluid directly into carb and still won't turn over. New spark plug, running fresh 50:1 trufuel, cleaned out spark arrestor screen/spark plug boot etc.. I replaced the throttle handle and throttle cable recently.. not sure if there's something I missed while connecting? Compression issue.. no idea but don't have a compression gauge or a spark tester. any ideas? Cant upload the video.. if anyone has any ideas I can email them the video to get a better idea

Last edited:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure you have a spark tester. While it's dark remove the spark plug, ground it on the head and crank it to see if it has spark.

You also have a compression tester. Place your thumb or finger firmly on the spark plug hole and have a helper pull the rope. If it has enough compression to start you probably not be able to keep your thumb or finger on the hole.

Timing can also be check at that same time. You'll see spark at the very instant your thumb is blown from the plug hole.

Last edited: